Because sometimes laughter is the only thing that saves us...
So she becomes a librarian instead. Sounds about right.
Barbara earns her doctorate and becomes the director of the Gotham City Public Library, where she presumably:
- redesigns the floorplan into an efficient, user-friendly space;
- purchases multiple copies of banned books and displays them prominently;
- inaugurates a "One Book, One Gotham" reading program;
- expands the children's section and promotes the Every Child Ready to Read campaign;
- enlarges the Tweens and Teens hangout space, adding additional computers and Wi-Fi access to enhance the Minecraft tournaments that her young patrons adore;
- adds a café featuring organic juices, teas and coffees, as well as an assortment of delicious AND healthy baked goods and snacks; and
- installs a fabulous MakerSpace with a 3-D printer, iPads, videocameras, recording equipment and Beats by Dr. Dre headphones.